Green Guide Spain
THE Olive Press Green Guide sets a new standard in “environmental publishing” in Spain focusing on environmental issues, developments and initiatives in the public and private sector. GREEN GUIDE SPAIN is produced by the same team who bring you Spain’s most popular English newspaper – the Olive Press (www.theolivepress.es)
the Olive Press
“The best English newspaper in southern Spain,” according to the Rough Guide.
DOWNLOAD OUR PRESS PACK & RATE CARD (PDF – 11.0Mb)
the olive press responds to the need for a proper hard-hitting medium to represent and serve the huge expatriate community in southern Spain.
An alternative to the bland, one-dimensional news coverage, the olive press supplies the latest news, as well as cultural matters and artistic events.
Launched in May 2006, it is Andalucia’s only newspaper written by real investigative journalists, professional food, travel and art writers and with contributions from many of Spain’s top foreign writers.
Growing from strength to strength, the fortnightly paper’s distribution is over 182,000 copies (including 120,000 digital downloads) and the paper has expanded geographically, covering all of Andalucian region and further afield through its website www.theolivepress.es
Content that goes into making the olive press unique…
- Exclusive investigations and reporting on both a regional and national level.
- In-depth features from our network of correspondents.
- Regular campaigns on issues including the environment, nature and animals.
- Resources for learning Spanish and integrating into the culture in La Cultura.
- Regular food and drink articles with recipes and restaurant reviews.
- Business profile section, expert legal, financial and property advice columns.
- A comprehensive listings and events calendar.
- Dedicated home and garden, travel, sport and property sections.
- The ALL ABOUT series spotlighting various towns and areas around the region.
- An extensive classified section.
To share in the olive press’s success and increase your business potential further, our sales team are happy to take your calls or emails and answer any queries you may have. Please contact us and see how we can help you. Telephone: 951 273 575 or 691 831 399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Reasons to advertise with the olive press…
- Our readers are English-speaking people in Andalucia, or with strong links to Andalucia, who want a quality read about the region.
- Our loyal readership is attracted to our interesting and useful articles that cover everything from the Spanish legal systems to tourism meaning that advertisers of all markets benefit.
- More than one million expats living in Andalucía mostly from Britain but also from Germany, Scandinavia, Holland and America. The amount of expendable wealth that our readers have at their disposal continues to attract advertisers. According to the NatWest Expat wealth ranking survey, over 58% of British expats invest more money abroad than they do at home. Spending more on shopping (+22%) food (+25%) and socialising (15%).
- Many of our readers are well travelled and show a keen interest in experiencing their region, which is a prime advertising medium for travel and tourism related businesses.
- the olive press is the most popular English language publication in Andalucia and is free. The Rough Guide recently voted it ‘the best… for its investigative reporting etc’.
- 31,000 issues a fortnight are printed plus 40,000 downloaded online giving an estimated readership of up to 184,000 people per issue.
- Distribution covers most of inland Andalucia and all the way along the coast from Cadiz to Nerja and the Costa Tropical of Granada and is continually expanding into new areas.
- We consistently maintain a high ratio (at least 50/50) of quality news items and features to adverts compared to the majority of our competitors. As a result, any advertisement stands out more in our publication.
- Prime advertising slots soon sell out due to limited spaces. Therefore, by advertising now, any advertiser will be able to get ahead by holding onto a prime position and keeping it.
- Supporting the paper is its popular website www.theolivepress.es, Andalucia’s best news website, receiving over 150,000 visitors each month. A fantastic way to get your business noticed, Google ranks it as 5/10, which is the highest ranking for an English website in Spain.
- It is read all over the English speaking world, ranked 99,195 in the top five million global websites (compared with Sur in English who are ranked 334,245 and Euro Weekly News ranked 167,962).
- All issues of the paper are available as downloadable PDFs opening up advertisers to a worldwide audience.
- We are able to offer advertisers appearing in the newspaper a special rate for website advertising.
- We have regular visitors from all over the world and have seen an 80 per cent increase in the last 12 months.
the olive press – the original and only English-language investigative newspaper in Andalucía
For further information on rates, special supplements, sponsored pages, as well as additional Internet and Classified details, please contact our sales team on 951 273 575 or 691 831 399 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org